The Toy Boxes

Here is another project I did a while back, thought I would share it also. I decided I would build Dane some toy boxes. I could just buy them, but where is the fun in that??:) So, it all started with some cabinet doors I found at a flea market. I bought them with no purpose in mind at the time, just liked them, and at $1 piece, I couldn't resist. Here they are:
 When I decided to build the toy boxes, I thought these would work great as lids. Now I just needed the sides. I lucked out and found this old shelf made of solid wood for $5 at a yard sale. I tore it apart and started measuring and cutting. I also ended up going to my grandparent's house and rummaging through the barn for some other wood and sound several solid boards to help me out.

 Here is the assembled box. I put on hinges and lift bars that I bought from Lowes- which was honestly the most expensive part of this whole thing. About $20 on that stuff.
 Here is the first phase.....I could have left them wood- but for a kids room, color is always better to me.
I got the horse shoes and stars from the tack area at the local Co-op. About $6 bucks there. Add $7 for spray paint also.
 I decided I didn't like the solid lids, so I bought some fabric from Hancock's to cover them with. Add another $7. And I found these nifty Cowboy wallpaper cutouts on clearance at Wallies.com for $3.
And there you have it. He has 3 solid wood toy boxes for a grand total of .......$51 bucks:)

Comments

  1. I officially have some serious jealousy issues... your handiness doesn't do any favors for my inferiority complex, Martha Stewart! haha Love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ripple Effect

Treasure Box

Mothers and Sons